Friday, January 23, 2009

Hanging with Melanies friends

After our fantastic day at the PCM we headed to Melanie's friend Jen's house. We stopped to wash the road gook off the car. Now usually this is not news worthy but since I have never been in a drive through car wash that you put your car in neutral and let it go I sort of freaked out!!! I thought Mel was going to hit the car in front of us!! I know I am a total DORK!!!
This truly was hilarious. I guess you had to be there!
SCARY..... I KNOW!!!!
Since Julie was still recovering from the flu Jen was more than happy to let us crash at her pad. Jen is soooo sweet. Really just a genuinely nice person. That night we got a sitter and us girls went to the Olive Garden for a little food and gossip. MMMMM! Lately I have not been real impressed with The Olive Garden, however this one was great!!! ( Yes I am an undercover food critic!! have you seen my butt?)We had a good time and it was fun getting to know the girls. Melanie has some great friends.

The next morning Julie was better so we headed to her house. She is fantastic! What a great person. She is a photographer and has CRAZY MADD SKILLZZZZ. I want her to come take some family pics of us when she comes to visit. She and Melanie are kindred spirits. It was fun to see the smile on Mels face when they would talk. I understand Mel a little bit more now and see why moving here was sooo hard for her. I am thankful that she did, and has managed to stick it out. This place is not for everyone. Anyways....I digress......

SHOPPING!!!!!! Yes all day it was fantastic no kids, no diapers, no crying just me and my favorite stores. We went to Pioneer Place. They have everything there. It was a shoppers mecca.
This is the creepy Silver Man he just stood there and juggled stuff... Sort of awkward to stare at, and yes I did the whole tourist thing and snapped a few pics. I had too it was too weird.
We then proceeded to another first for me. PF Chang's. No I don't live under a rock I just don't get out much! But man was this good stuff. The lettuce wraps are killer and the Mongolian Beef is sooooooooo yum! ( Food critic) We ate and ate. We also got some asparagus dish that was soooo hot! My mouth was numb after 3 bites, but it was good. Then we took home a Wall of Chocolate. HOLY COW! 7 layers of chocolaty goodness mmmmmm..... I can not even describe this.
We finally got back to Julies and decided we needed to play a little Rock Band World Tour!!! Now those of you who know me know that this is one of my favorite things to do I am a total show boater..... it was a blast. It took some getting used to on the wii because we have x-box but I got it...... Ahhh the simple pleasures.
Thank you to Julies daughter Summer who baby sat she is awesome. And can kill it on expert guitar!!!!! I'm not worthy.

No comments: