Monday, May 18, 2009

Dani's first 5K !!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!
That's right I ran my first ever 5K. It was sooooo fun. I ran the whole way NO STOPS for this girl!!! I did it in 36 minutes and 18 seconds. I was the last in our group to come in. But I was not the last in the race by any means!! I just wanted to finish it, I didn't care about the time so much. And I haven't been running for a very long time. It was a GREAT day! Mom and dad were even in town for the race. That was cool for me because I remember going to my dads races alot when I was little. Now I just need to work on lengthening my stride!!!

The crew : Tye, Alana, Me, and Erin, We have been getting up and running every morning at 6 am. This is a great group of girls. Tye pushes me. Erin inspires me. And Alana is where I want to be. They are all AMAZING people!!!
Me at the finish line!! WHOOO HOOO!!

The best part was that my super HOT hubby showed up on his street bike at the end. He has been real supportive of this new hobby and is sooooo GOOD to me!! I am a lucky girl!! (He likes me enough to get off of his tractor to come see me. LOL!!!)
I FEEL GOOD!!!!

4 comments:

ginger said...

Good for you! You inspire me to do the hard things!

Jenifer said...

That is so cool! Congrats! I think maybe you should post pics of this new tractor you keep talking about;)

Marcy said...

Dude you rock. I don't hink I could walk a 5 k right now. Good for you!

Unknown said...

You are awsome! You inspire me to get moving too! Love ya!