Monday, December 1, 2008

Fun with Grandma Debbie

So we had the wonderful privilege of having my mom here with us for about 2 weeks, It was sooo fun. we did alot of things and I think it will take a few blogs to cath us up. So here we go.....


Mom has been on one of her "visiting the grand kids" trips. We love these trips because one we get to see grandma, two we get spoiled and three sometimes grandpa shows up!! first on our agenda was a wedding for one of my moms best friends. She has know Gail for like 36 years. It was fun to go to the Ogden Temple.



My babies on the temple grounds. Emi loved all the water. This is also the spot of the infamous Red Hot Chili Pepper incident!! HA!


They were very HOT!!!! Poor Bean. I guess she will think a little bit harder before she takes a bet!!!

After the wedding we went to Salt Lake to pick up Brian. He had been in Moab riding the trails on his motorcycle with his brothers. he didn't want to wait another day to go home so we met him in Salt Lake. Before we got to him we went and toured the conference center. I have never been in the center and I was very excited to go see it. I can now tell you that I have no words to describe its beauty. It was magnificent. I love art it is one of my passions. They had sooo much art in there I could have spent a good month in there just looking. It was mostly originals which is soooo awesome. There were the pictures that you see in the Book of Mormon. You know Nephi and all those great pictures. They had the original paintings there. WOW!!! I wanted to spend more time.


Inside by the beautiful glass and water sculpture, On the roof by the fountain.

The view of the Salt Lake temple from the roof. It was an awesome excursion. I am glad we took the time to stop. The church leaders are truly inspired in all that they do. WOW!!
We left the conference center and picked up Brian. We missed our dad. Life just isn't the same when hes not around.
We started our long trip home. Thankfully it was uneventful and it didn't seem to drag on endlessly, the 4 hours flew by and we got home about 10:30 PM. Nice.

1 comment:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

looks like a fun day with Granda... can't wait to see what the rest of her visit was filled with! :)