Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our girl!

So do you remember my last comment about mentioning my family more well they agree.Makenna got after me and so did Bri. I am a bad bad girl!! Let me tell you about Makenna. This is my Bean she is a wonderful girl. I could not ask for a better daughter. She is so sensitive and kind. She has a sweet gentle heart. One of the best things about her is her ability to love everything and everyone.

She was born here. It was a long delivery and she was deprived of oxygen. She was born with Spastic Cerebral palsy. We did not know this until she was 18 months old and not walking . We got her into Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children in Salt Lake. They are AMAZING!! we can never repay them for all of the things that they have done for her. That being said she has had several surgeries to correct things. She has had tendons lenghtened. Her tibia's broken and rotated, and hardware removed. She also does Physical therapy 4-5 times a week. Which makes her very tired, but it helps soooooo much.

She is one of the strongest people I know. A true inspiration.
Despite all of her physical limitations she is determined to be herself and not let others get to her. She is insanely smart. I know some of you are saying "How did Dani have a smart kid?" The answer is simple. Brian. He is such a wonderful dad. At age 3 Kenna could tell you how the brain worked, & name the bones in your body. Brian would sit and read his college books to her, it was his way of studying for school and spending time with her. She loves to learn and is very perceptive. She is the kid I am checking on in the middle of the night, because I know she is reading with a flashlight in her bed. She is a teachers dream student. A parents dream kid.


I LOVE YOU Bean
and don't ever forget it!!!!!

No comments: