Monday, October 6, 2008

Mad cooking skills baby!!!

I know I just wrote this morning but I had such a weird day, That and I am addicted!!!morbidly (Thanks Kelsi)
So this morning as I am blogging Tye calls me " what are we doing today" she says. "I have beets do you know how to pickle beets?" I ask "Yeah ,come over and we can sew bags too."
So I go over about 1 hour later. Emi is being a boogie and wont stop crying. Finally Seth distracts her and we get to work. About 1 hour later the beets are done and beautiful!! TA DAH!!!
Then we started sewing. We do a craft fair each year to earn extra moolaa. This year we are adding bags to our line of jewelry. SOOO SOOO CUTE! I will blog that later. Anyhow we got started. Things went good there too. Tye is learning the pattern (my mom sent it) and I am teaching her. She has mad skills in sewing,unless she is talking. She had to undo a few stitches but that was no big deal.Unless you are Tye. HA HA!! We got alot accomplished today it was great.All of the sudden it was 3:30 and I had to go get Kenna from Trumpet lessons. Her teacher loves her.He said in all his 35 years of teaching he has never had a student with such natural talent. GO BEANER! She is so excited and thrives off the positive feed back.Then I went to Tye's and cleaned up my mess.
This is where things got weird. I don't know where the time went but all of the sudden Brian was on his way home and I hadn't even started dinner. So I threw some pork chops on the grill, And started to prepare the veggies.
My sister in law and her husband have an organic farm in Bedford and we are shareholders in it so we get beautiful yummy veggies from them.I took out the spinach, washed it and put it in the steamer. Washed the green beans and snapped them, put them in the steamer. Put water in and started the stove. The next thing I know Kenna is all " Uhh mom the pot is breathing!" I look over and it was BREATHING!! AHHHH
Yes ladies and gentleman I BURNED WATER!!!! How does one do this? I'm not quite sure. But as I stated in the previous blog I'm not much of a cook.Oh well I try. And Brian and the kids are still around.

2 comments:

jon said...

Bears.... Beets.... Battlestar Galactica!!!!!

Abbey said...

I still can't see your text or your background! Whats wrong with me???? I need a good laugh and I come to your blog to get one and I can't!!!! Thanks for the awesome onion rings! You guys need to come and visit more often!