Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow blower, chainsaw, and Sams Club OHHH MY!!!

This is kind of long but very funny!!!

As many of you know from my facebook that my two friends and I went to "The Big City" yesterday. I would like to share our adventure with all of you. It is guaranteed to please and entertain.

We live in a remote part of the United States. Our closest Wal-Mart is 2 hours away, in good weather,with snow it can 3-4 hours. My best friend Tye and my secret best friend Melanie( can't make all my other best friends jealous!!) both needed to go shopping. I am always up for a road trip. Give me a Dr. Pepper and some Baked Lays and I am good to go.


Tye is the activities committee person in our ward, she has our Halloween party this Friday she needs to feed the masses. She needs to go to Sams Club.


Melanie is sick of getting stuck in her driveway every winter and needs a snow blower, and since she is at it why not a chainsaw? They totally go together right?


Dani just needs stuff. The list is far too long and far too normal.


We need a way to get all of these things back in one piece. Thank goodness my Bri is a motorcycle maniac. Our van is totally set up for these things. We decide to take my van and little trailer. No problem I do this sort of stuff all the time. I am a force to be reckoned with, Ahhh Haaa, Haa, Haaa!!!!!


6:30 am the trailer lights aren't working. It is dark outside. Bri wont let us go unless we fix them. I promised him I would take care of it. " I will stop at the parts store on the way out of town." he says o.k.


7:10 am load up my kids to drop off at the bus stop.


7:15 Dani and Emi pick up Tye and Seth. Did I forget the part about taking 3 two year olds with us? Yes we are that crazy.... all the time.


7:25 we pick up Mel and Nolan


They are sooo Cute!!!! Don't be fooled!!!!


We stop at the auto parts store. Our favorite parts boy, Nick, is there. We nicely ask him if he can fix our lights for us. He said sure. I am certain it was because we were all so devastatingly beautiful when we smiled at him, how could he say no to us?


8:00 am we are out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Nick!!! You are our home town hero.



Two screaming kids (Seth and Emi),two hours later, and a crazy old man with a truck full of junk metal, later we are there. We drop our trailer off at Molly's house. We don't need it until Sams and Lowes.

Yes this was scary he did not have anything tied down and check out the sides of his truck bed!!! need I say more? Its a good thing my van is as fast as a Ferrari!!!


We decided to do the important stuff first. Old Navy, Bath and Body Works,and Victoria's Secret. We go to a few other stores and then hit Wal-Mart. Now all of you know what that is like. I was totally pleased that Emi was a perfect angel and so were the boys. About 2 hours later we emerge with carts, bags, babies and tired plastic (already!) We unload our carts and get a little nervous that the van is pretty full. Hmmmmm? No problem we have the trailer!!!!!!!


We then decided to go to Arctic Circle for lunch. They have a play ground, always a plus. Molly was with us and she is the best. She is Tyes sister in law and soooo sweet I just love her!!! Thanks for the fun Molly!!We ate and Molly had to get back to her real life. :(


We hit the DI for Halloween stuff, The Dollar Store, Joanns fabrics, and a bunch of other places. It is all starting to blurrrrrrrrrrr.


Finally we go get the trailer. We head to Sams and that is where it gets a little weird. We enter the store and as usual we divide and conquer. We get our" bid nis" done call the others on the celly and find out who needs help. Any of you who know Tye, know how absolutely insane she truly is. She is great. I honestly enjoy her. She makes you want to be a better you and you have fun doing it.


Have you ever seen the movie Rain Man, the one with Dustin Hoffman?....... "Kmart, I buy my underwear at Kmart, Kmart,Kmart!"This is Tye s crazed voice in our next conversation.


I am looking at the electronics stuff, Mel is in cookware, Tye is at the Bakery. I finish up and go help Mel pick out some very nice stainless steel cook ware,she has great taste!, and Tye calls " I don't know how many cookies to get and what kind and what size and what if they aren't good and what if there isn't enough and what if this whole thing doesn't work and how are we going to get all of this in the car... blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaa blaaaaaaa.......................!" She was loosing her mind!!! (voice of really bad singer guy on The Wedding Singer classic!!)


She was borderline tears. Melanie and I went to find her and she was gone. I called and we finally met up with her by the avocados. "are you o.k.?" we ask? She says " Yeah I'm fine now. I just lost it a little bit, but I had a good talk to myself and I think we are good now. I think the old lady next to me was kind of freaked out when I yelled at my self!"


That is Tye. She is always making us laugh. She can get intense at times but hey.... cant we all? We help her finish up and leave the store with 4 carts 3 kids and 3 adults. Barely.


No.... we are not done YET!!!! We are off to Lowes!!!!


I did not go into Lowes, someone had to stay with the 3 screaming 2 year olds in the car.Who just happen to see the playground display set up out side and all wanted to swing!!! No freakin' way!!!!! Need less to say poor Mel had the fight of her life in there with the chauvinistic assistant manager. What a stinkin PIG!!! He totally thought she was some dumb broad. Those of you who know Mel know she is far from dumb..... This guy was going to get it!!! She called me. Tye and I traded places. Now remember the part about me sitting in the car with 3 screaming kids? Yeah I was past done. Watch out!!!! He was giving her some lame line about a warranty blaaa blaaa blaaa. So I came in and you could tell I was not, shall we say happy? We go straight to the manager. Lets just say that Mel left with everything she wanted plus her dignity. And stupid fat erring hole, bald dude was trying to cover his butt!!!!! We rule! Go Mel!! I got your back. She didn't need my help, just someone to stand by her and look really mean. I did a good job!


Now we are done. and this is how we went home.



Yes, we have mad tie down skills!! You should note, nothing got broken or fell off!!! yup yup!!



Here is a little pin up action for the farm boys!! OHHH yeahhhh!!!!




On the road again!! We got home about 11:00 pm. It was a fun trip!! We always have fun together. The best part is the conversations you get have with people you care about, and you get to share your worries and frustrations with people who you know will understand. The only thing that would have made this day any better was to have a bigger van and Kindra and her little guy Collin!! We missed you sista!!! next time for sure!

9 comments:

ginger said...

Good grief, this post thoroughly exhausted me! Too....tired....to....type. Just kiddin', I love to shop till ya drop. Looks like you had a great time and I love the way you tell a story. My favorite was the "pin up action for the farm boys"!! hahaha

Stephanie said...

I don't know how you girls do it. Sorry Tyralee had a Stephanie moment at Sam's Club. She learned from the best!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are CRAZY!!! I can not believe how much stuff you guys piled on that trailer - you got the white trash down!!!! That's a good thing. I really did miss out. I will have to come next time - if I don't have to work and if I get my homework done - ya right!!!!

Coach Kennington said...

Wow!! Now that is a trip and a half! So thats how you have to do things when you live clear out in the boonies.. It's nice to know how convenient we have things.

Sheri said...

If girls could be Eagle Scouts...you would be one! Way to get everything accomplished and look good doing it. It almost makes living in a small town worth it just to have experiences like this one.

Meg said...

You totally rock! I miss hanging out with you!

jon said...

Oh by the way Dani- i never said it but thanks for doing my Eagle project all those years ago ;)

Shirlene said...

I want to come next time! O.k., maybe we'd have to find a babysitter first!

Dianne said...

OH MY!! YOU HOT CHICKS BETTER BE CAREFUL OUT ON THE TOWN TOGETHER. THE MEN WILL COME CHASING!!