Friday, October 10, 2008

Jon and the giant truck!!

So my brother Jon just left :( It is always fun when he visits! Miss you already. He showed up Wednesday night in this GIANT semi -Esq truck. I guess I should explain his visit first.


My mom and dad are renting out their house in Arizona, so naturally they need to clean it out. They can't just move it all to Texas with them because they live in a fifth-wheel trailer. Due to the fact that dads job has him moving ALOT!!! Anywhooooo-- Jon had alot of stuff in their house, because it used to be his house. Long story. So mom and Jon were in Arizona for about 1 week cleaning out stuff etc.. etc.. Well naturally mom is giving away all her stuff, and naturally being the dutiful daughter I said sure I will take whatever you want to give. :) Matthew did not want anything. Because that is how he rolls. He is a very great person (for a liberal! Love you. Don't be a hater!) anywhoo Jon just wanted his stuff, dads tools, and dads furry hat. Which in my opinion is going to be the source of brotherly contention, they all loved that hat (even Matthew). T.J. got the totally sweet washer and dryer, the picture of Christ that is beautiful,and ALL the camping gear!!!! (who's the favorite now!!) I got all of the Christmas decorations, ( if you know my mom you will understand when I say my garage is FULL of boxes! and alot of old stuff. which is cool because I LOVE OLD THINGS!! (I did marry my Brian after all! he! he!), I also got some real nice furniture. No complaints here.


Those are some sweet Hats!!!!


So Jon shows up in this truck and I'm sick. "Where in the jack frost am I going to put all of that!!! Brian is going to kill me." Jon informs me it is only 1/3 full "SHEWWW!"

Thursday we unpacked it all. That didn't take us too long .We filled the garage and now I have alot of work to do.The rest of the stuff in it went to T.J. this morning. The thing that is sooo funny about all of this is that Jon HATES to drive. He is a pilot so traveling in a vehicle is like slow motion torture.He has been driving since Monday!!!! HAAAA! Poor guy.

After we unloaded all the stuff we went to Heggs for lunch. Jon likes this place because it has "cute" help. Whatever, I don't see it. No offense. Their California burger kicks BUTT though and I have no problem eating there( or anywhere else for that matter). On the way back I showed Jon where Kenna and Parks lock their bikes up in the mornings to get on the bus. He decided to move Kennas lock because she would notice and freak out. Which she did. The joy we get out of torturing our own??? Hmmmm strange.

Then Jon generously shared his media collection with me. I now have 7412 songs, 16 movies, 3 seasons of the Office, and some South Park. Yeah I am set. For those of you wondering that is 21 days of 24/7 music non stop no repeats. Can you say "life is good?" This could possibly be the most perfect music collection known to man. it has EVERYTHING you name it its there. I am a happy girl. Jon is sooo going to hate this picture but it was him in his true rockingness. He is a funny guy!!


OHHH Crap!!! Tye just showed up to help me and I haven't even showered yet I AM IN TROUBLE !!!! more later skaters.


AMENDMENT::: Tyralee Packer Larson was present and a part of all work and previously said mischief!! (just givin her props so she will quit whining!!!)

2 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

sounds like a fun visit with Jon. And hooray for your mom's Christmas decorations!! You have a big enough house to display yours and hers!!

That hat is seriously going to cause trouble, your dad should've kept that for himself! ;)

jon said...

The hat is taken. no questions... I'm taking it to Moscow... not idaho... if either of you 2 other schmucks want it find me in Moscow... ummmm yeah i drove 18.6 hours on the trucks engine timer. it was hell... the music you speak of.. i know nothing... i did nothing... i am just saving digital copies of your music should you lose all your cds... thats it... got it? and yes. it is the greatest collection of music i know of. except Ryan in Maui... he has 20,000 songs... i need to save a digital copy for him... maybe on my way to Moscow....