Monday, October 6, 2008

Whats my age again???

Yeah, alot can happen in life when you start a blog.



First things first.....I won couch gate 08!! (Sort of) I got to keep the couches,however I had to put them in the kids play room instead of my living room. That's O.K. its all about small victories. hee hee!!!



And finally.........




I had my "rockin old person party" for my b-day. No theme just us old people hangin out and playing games.




I have an amazing group of good friends. Kindred spirits if you will. Most of them are alot like myself, which in my opinion is pretty darn great!! As old people we find a diet of health food is required for optimal late night party mode performance!!! nothing but the best for me and my friends.



My gift from Tye is this B-day cake. it is not the prettiest cake. But holy cow you should taste this bad boy!!! WOW!! , German chocolate and devils food separated by this carmely pecan stuff mmmmmm and the frosting is like divinity oh yeah can you say butt expander!! I can. Tye can cook, its the presentation she lacks sometimes, that's why we get along sooo well. I can NOT cook but I am all over the pretty part.However in her defense on this particular day her 2 yr. old Seth decided he wanted a bite of cake!! HILARIOUS!!!! and so thus we have it. The perfect birthday cake!! Thanks TYE!!







This is some of us in my kitchen.My other friend Carrissa is great too. She came over with taco stuff ,not just any tacos, real tacos. She is 1/2 Mexican and man is she in tune with her Mexican cookingness. yummmmmy!! They were sooo good. She is like the mom always taking care and giving I just love her. VIVA LA MEXICO!! (just for you Carrissa)



Wow check out the glow!! and the cheese ball smile! yup it was fun fun fun!!


Thank you to all my friends and family for the phone calls, gifts and for just being you!! and most of all loving me for me!!!(sometimes that's hard to do ask my Bri.) It was the best birthday!



Brian will not like this picture, how ever it was a cute moment.



Conference is hard for kids. period. So Brian developed a spoiling system at our house. for every thing you do good you get a certain amount of points. Then those points are attached to a big prize. This year it is a wii. So during conference the kids take notes and Brian gives them a quiz after each session.Its not hard he tells them what to write down on their notes. And sometimes they will say"hey that's a good question dad"They love it. Kenna more than Parks. They get things out of it, and they do listen. They have to score 80% or better to get their points and there were 40 points on the line today. Kenna got a 96% and Parks squeaked by with an 84% You can tell who they each take after!! HAAAA! I love my kids and my man they are sooo wonderful. What a great way to start each day with them.



My big brother Jon is coming this week for a visit. That is always a story to tell!





Case and point!!! Love him.




I
DONT
KNOW
WHY
THERE
IS
SO
MUCH
SPACE
BETWEEN
MY
BLOG
AND
THE
COMMENTS
PART.
SORRY
STILL
LEARNING!!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Your house is way cute! I am so happy for you that things are going good...you have a cute hubby and darling kids. Tell your brother hi for me. And happy birthday...if you were still one of my Laurels I would have known it was your birthday, but you went and grew up on me! Sheri

jon said...

ummmmmm whos pictures are those?

jon said...

Question...... which is faster a Back Bear or a Brown Bear? Basically there are 2 schools of thought... wait a second... hey! identity theft IS a crime!!!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday chica!! I am so glad Kels got you started on this crazy blogging thingy. I am surprised they have internet out there in the wilderness. I hope it doesn't freeze up in the COLD winter. Your kids are so cute AND grown up! When did that happen??
Love ya!!!

Shirlene said...

Dani, You are an amazing blogger...and at such a young age! You Rock! Check out the time I am posting this...I am up in the middle of the night reading it! :) Happy Belated Birthday. I wish I had the talents to make you a cute bracelet!